In honor of the upcoming beatification of Don Alvaro del Portillo, Harambee Africa International has made available a photographic exhibition with opportunities to support initiatives that he encouraged the development of.
The exhibition is divided into three sections:
- Alvaro del Portillo. Four panels illustrating who Alvaro del Portillo was and the apostolic activities he carried out both in the world and in Africa.
- Harambee: All Together for Africa. Five panels illustrating Harambee’s nature and objectives, as well as the four projects promoted in 2014, in agreement with the Committee for the Beatification of Alvaro del Portillo.
- Born in Congo. Ten panels. Kalo Koma, agriculturalist, narrates a photographic story that documents life in Kinshasa, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Author: Ismael Martinez Sanchez, photojournalist.
Characteristics of the exhibition
- The printed panels are made of light, non-flexible material attached to a steel structure that is easily dismantled.
- The panels measure 80cm (width) x 200cm (height). All captions are written in three languages: Italian, Spanish and English.
- The first two sections of the are more directly connected to the activities Harambee is promoting in 2014. The third section –Born in Congo- is a photo reportage created to heighten awareness on issues in Africa.
Renting the Exhibit
The exhibition can be rented for a contribution towards delivery costs. The following rental choices are available:
- one or all three sections.
- some panels from all three sections.
- the panels may also be printed personally by those interested. Upon written accord between the parties, Harambee will send the files in high resolution.
International Administration Office
Harambee Africa International Onlus